July 25, 2009

new friends

so here are some cool random people I´ve totally made friends with:

an old norwegian couple staying in my professor´s hotel

a crazy german man in the same hotel who wears bright red suspenders

three random british guys who freaked out when I started speaking english

an australian who keeps monkeys from strangling birds on his day off. On his regular days, he walks a puma for two and a half hours.

That´s all that´s new an interesting. My little sister just got back from Germany, and now I am Germanysick. Not homesick. Germanysick.

6 comments:

  1. Dear Tina: Just had the chance to read your blog. Bruce mentioned it in Yaygyu class today and it sounds like you are having a blast! Look forward to hearing more when you get back to the states. Peace - Karen v W

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so germanysick too =( it's gotten really bad. anything that comes out of my mouth has to do with germany, and how its better than the united states. i'm pretty sure anyone that doesn't understand wants to kill me right about now.
    today i told mom about how i'm going to move there and my kids are going to speak german and english =P and then i realized i sounded like you. lets move to germany together to raise our kids. okay? okay.
    <3Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another recruit to work in the orphanage in Cochambamba.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So when the Australian is working... the monkeys strangle birds? Or do they only try on his days off?

    I've decided I actually enjoy reading about you traveling than actually doing it myself. Please continue

    ReplyDelete
  5. PUMAS! ¡ME ENCANTAN LAS PUMAS! I met them in Argentina ... so cute. But, sadly, they spit.

    ReplyDelete