June 12, 2009

A Slight(ly major) Change of Plans

So my professor just emailed me. While he was in discussion with the nun who runs the orphanage I'll be working at, my photography project came up, and nun was not to happy. Apparently Bolivia has this ideas where foreigners are out to abduct Bolivian kids, and the nun doesn't want pictures taken of the orphans because she doesn't them getting sold. So don't get the wrong idea, America. Abandon your Bolivian-childnapping schemes now.

So, scratch the orphanage. Instead, I'm doing my project in a local women's group, and giving the camera to women instead of kids. Suffice to say, I'm kind of disappointed, and while I don't believe in things always working out for a reason, I do believe in things always working out. Sooooo, that's that. It'll be cool. Hello women's group! I hope you're excited, because you're going to have to put up with ME!

As a random sidenote, I just walked through a spiderweb, but I can't find the spider... :/

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment