June 28, 2009

packing packing packing

so this chronic overpacker is having huge issues in the packing department. I was determined to pack light, which has meant ditching the second suitcase + carry-on and getting a giant LL bean backpack instead. however, IT'S STILL NOT LIGHT. I'm carrying forty pounds on my back and fifty pounds in my (ONE) suitcase. I console myself by reminding everyone around me that much of the stuff I'm taking to bolivia won't be coming back--the five cameras, for example, the box of cereal (thanks mom!), my 3 pound bottle of conditioner, and my almost-as-large bottle of shampoo. in addition, I'm taking a bunch of gifts for my host family--soccer balls, towels, an ipod shuffle, and some picture books. none of which are heavy, but all of which are taking up space. plus I already made (what I consider to be) huge sacrifices in the clothes department--I cut down the clothes I'm taking by like, 50 percent, so go me. yeah light packing.

about how I'm an idiot who booked a flight to arrive in Bolivia...two days before everyone else. So now I have to survive all alonez with spanish 101...woot! at any rate, I decided that in the interest of safety I would hostel it as oppose to couchsurf it, and the hostel is bizangin. so yeah!

anyway, adios, will post again from Bolivia!

1 comment: